Family Events (Click on Names and Events for More Information)

Time and Temperature

Friday, November 21, 2008

When -1 is your high temperature for the day...

We woke up to -18 ambient temperature and -38 windchill this morning. It has been around zero or colder since Monday night. I am writing this at 9:10 and it is still pitch black outside. I guess this is the Alaska winter everyone warned us about. The good thing it isn't that bad. This is really the first week it has been a nuisance, the first time I got bone chilling cold, the first time I really longed for more daylight. The bad news is it isn't even December yet, but this cold snap will not last forever. From what I have heard February is the worst month, but then it starts to warm up, and the days are much longer, and you can look forward to spring.

Jamie is doing fine. He has his play this week, so he has been busy with rehearsals every night. I think we were right when we predicted that he would have a future on the stage, I think we are in for at least 11 more years of this. The kids at school are starting to get squirrely from being indoors. A lot of the families live in pretty small houses, so I think the kids can start to feel pretty cooped up. Lets just say the time out room has been a little full this week.

We are house sitting this week. It is a really nice house with a nice view of the tundra. They have a wood stove, and furniture that isn't over twenty years old (like in our furnished apartment) and they also have a great kitchen to cook in. They also have a garage full of boxing equipment, so James is loving it. I will post some pictures later. -Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will keep my eyes out, we have a big lots and costco has some of that stuff in bulk so if I see a great deal I will send some mittens to ya!