Family Events (Click on Names and Events for More Information)

Time and Temperature

Saturday, August 15, 2009

South Western Alaska's Villages



I have been traveling to some of the villages for work. By winter I will have gone to seven different villages. There are 56 villages in our area, most of them have about 500 people in them. I feel really fortunate to be able to visit these places and I have been lugging my camera along with me when I go. There is very little information or pictures of these places on the Internet so I am hoping to capture at least a few images and a little information to share with everyone. You may notice that my pictures generally lack people and that is intentional. Everyone in the villages have been extremely welcoming and friendly when I visit. Here are some pictures from Tununak. The place is gorgeous and is on Nelson Island, same as Toksook. I only saw this village from the inside of an airplane, but if I ever get the chance I would like to explore it more.

No comments: